How long has the South Valley Running Club been around?
The SVRC was founded in 2004.
What is the mission of the South Valley Running Club?
The South Valley Running Club consists of people in the Morgan Hill, Gilroy, and San Martin area of Santa Clara County. We are a diverse group of men and women dedicated to promoting health and wellness through running. The South Valley Running Club welcomes runners of every ability, from the fitness runner to the experienced competitor
How do I join?
You can fill out our membership application and pay online, or you can print it out and bring it with a check to a group run.
What are the benefits of joining?
- Reduced entry fees for selected road races
- Weekday and Weekend Club Runs
- Monthly Meetings
- Mentor program for all abilities and distances
- Instant network of runners to train with
- Runners in all distance and speed classes
- Certified coaches
- Member of the Road Runners Club of America since 2004
- Great Camaraderie and Club Support
- DISCOUNTS on running and triathlon products from local businesses
Check out our Benefits page for more info.
Does the club have real coaches?
Yes, we have several certified running coaches and hold an annual track clinic.
Do I have to be fast?
No. We welcome runners of all speeds. At any given workout, there will be runners of all different paces and distances. On Saturday mornings, there are runners of all distances and abilities at our Club runs.
Is the club only for marathoners?
No! If you’re looking to improve your fitness level or have some running company, then you’re in! We welcome runners of all distances, as well as duathletes, triathletes, swimmers, and anyone looking for cross-training.